Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 17

What happens on a day when you do not have anything on the schedule except to get ID cards for the company? Well you do nothing, or find something to do. Our day was consumed with running back and forth from the ID Card lab to the barracks, then to lunch, then to the barracks to only sit around and do nothing.

Well not quite nothing as one of my fellow classmates happened to have a deck of Uno cards. Yes, we played Uno while we were waiting for the next major event to take place. At 1500 (3:00 pm) we got together in the middle hallway to receive a lecture about evaluations and fitness reports. After that we went to dinner and back again to the barracks. So it felt like the day went on with not much accomplished.

I did manage to stop by the bank to pick up two rolls of one dollar coins so that my fellow classmates would not have to hustle to get one from the bank. Of course I could have made money off of these coins at $2 for a $1 coin, but I am about the team.

During some of the dead time, I was able to talk to a possible landlord for a place in Rockville. She is going to show me the place on the 11th and is even going to hold it for me. She sounded German and from her e-mail address, I think she is. So it would be really great if we got this place since it has a decent sized yard and is real close to where Tracy and I will be working.

So, we have another 80 minutes here at the cafe and I should wrap it up so I can write my lovely wife. Talk to you all soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment