Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day Thirteen

Well my followers, I am sorry I have not been keeping posts. It has been tiring nights and all I wanted to do at the end of the day was get some sleep.

Today is Friday and we got up early this morning (4:30 a.m.) to do our Physical Fitness Assessment. I knew that I was not going to perform as well as I had on our initial PFA since I have been physically fatigued and getting up real early in the morning is never going to give good results for the test. I managed to crank out 55 situps and 33 pushups (solid ones, not fleet ones). Despite this, I was able to improve my run by 48 seconds, which was what I was really pushing for since that was my major concern. Now I can do the run in under 13 minutes so it is a good start.

After the PFA, we went to breakfast for chow and I ate the usual fruit, granola, egg beaters, and some french toast. Over the past two weeks, I have managed to get full faster and want to eat less. With the 15 minutes that we get, I only eat for the first 10 minutes or so (usually less), and that is when I am full. The remaining five minutes is busy with me trying to finish the blue Poweraid I got for my meal. Yes, I have acquired a taste for "blue" drink lol. I have to replenish the electrolytes after all.

The rest of the morning was filled with taking care of medical issues. Since I had everything done, all I did for 45 minutes was stand in line to hand in a piece of paper that did not have any changes since I received it and turned it in originally. Real brilliant system going there. I guess I cannot fault the medical staff since the system probably works well for those who are non-prior military.

After lunch we headed to Perry Hall for three hours of wonderfully boring lectures. I mean the material was alright and could have been dressed up a little better, but the instructor just sucked so bad and was so monotonous (he probably did not even like the topic) that it was just plain torture for all of us.

After dinner I got ready for duty by taking a nap. Turns out, there were some of my fellow classmates who did not know the rules (as I was not aware of) and were in their PT gear before 2000 (8:00 p.m.). Since our DI was on duty and caught our people violating the rule he established, everyone had to get out of their beds and into their uniform. Lucky for me that it did not filter down to me until it was almost time for me to get up for my watch.

Watch was alright. Definitely not too much to complain about for a two-hour roving watch in the building. The best part was that I got to wash my clothes. So my personal laundry (civilian clothes) that had been sitting in my locker since my training began is now finally clean.

That was my day and I am sticking to it. I will try to keep up on my daily posts a little better.


No comments:

Post a Comment