Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day One

The first day was pretty interesting. I checked in around noon and got settled in. Naturally I forgot loads of things so I still need to go to the NEX to pick up some odds and ends. I have a noob roommate who is going to be a Nuclear Instructor (a new program). We figured out how to make our beds and ironed the sheets so they would be wrinkle-free as required. Then we cleaned up a little with some Swiffer dusters and then it was pretty much time for us to meet our Class Officer.

Our Class Officer came in at 2000 as promised and lined us up and then we were all weighed and measured. Yes, I am a little on the pudgy side now so I had to get taped, but I was at 19% body fat so I was good (our cut off is 22%).

After that, we proceeded into a classroom and went over some of the paperwork as well as an introduction by Lieutenant Hazelrigg (our Class Officer). Turns out he is prior enlisted as well and he is an MSC officer who is now on his third tour doing this. I think this is a great opportunity to go to an assignment as an MSC and make a difference for the future of Fleet. I may consider a tour like this as long as Tracy could get collocated.

Right now it is about 2300 and I am pretty tired with little else to report. I did get to meet most of my Shipmates here, however, I am sure that they will all be reintroduced to me tomorrow as my memory was never good with names.

No comments:

Post a Comment