Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day Two

Well today was not really day two – rather the first real full day and mostly administrative matters. As has been revealed to us by previous ODS graduates as well as insinuated by our Class Officer, we will be really starting our training tomorrow.

Nonetheless, today was not without. I only got one hour of sleep in and needless to say it was a real hard and long day. We started the morning with some breakfast and then came back to get out physical training gear issued to us. After changing into our new gear (well new for those who did not have some) we got rounded up and did our first physical fitness assessment. I slowed down about 39 seconds on my run and I am hoping that I will get better with time. I am sure that with daily PT scheduled I will improve my overall score and not worry about my run time (not that I am really a runner).

After our physical training, we met with the admin personnel to take care of our paperwork, to include pay and all that great stuff. The good thing for many of us priors is that we largely have all of our stuff good to go and will not need any changes to our paperwork.

On the schedule was also the mandatory urinalysis for us so that was a blast. I will offer up that I successfully executed “Operation Goldenflow”. This is no small feet as some of our team mates had to go back to try again a few times.

Lunch and dinner came to the right times. I was starving well before chow time however, since I am used to having mid-meal snacks to keep my metabolism going as well as keep my hunger at bay.

We finally were dismissed for the evening and went on to take care of some menial personal tasks, to include getting some laundry done. I am now only waiting for my stuff to dry so I can hit the hay.

I will surely have much more to write about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment